Battle Tag User Forums

UnOfficial Battle Tag by Ubisoft Laser Tag User's Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to battletag

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: multiple ubiconnects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm 

Hi all,

Because of the High number of posts talking about multiple ubiconnects, I thought it deserved its own topic.
Ever since the first time I used this laser tag system, I have been trying to figure out how to increase the range of the ubiconnects. The way that I am trying to get working, is more than one ubiconnect. Ubisoft had said it was possible to use more than one ubiconnect. When I plug in the second ubiconnect it lights up like the normal, but the battle tag program makes no noticeable changes. This led me to search through the software to figure out what changes would have to be made to make two ubiconnects work. The first thing that I stumbled upon was a readme.txt file, that had a section in it that read:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.2. Adding new devices

If you want to add new T-Blasters or other UbiConnect devices,
go to the Options menu and select “Add new Devices”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From this it appears that it should be possible to add another ubiconnect, except for the fact that there is no “Add new Devices” option. :(
So I decided to dive in to the usb pairing protocols to see if there was anything I could figure out from it. Here is what I found:
//data/script/lua/classes/engine/libraries
Directory with the files that handles new usb devices.
//data/script/lua/classes/UTGame.Ui.Settings.AddNewDevice.Pairing
Pairing an ubiconnect ID with a gun ID, and adding it to a whitelist. All of the guns are automatically assigned to ubiconnect number one.
I don't think that there is much more that I can figure out. I am not very fluent with lua, so I am hoping someone else with more experience could take a look at this.

-Thanks!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: multiple ubiconnects
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:10 pm 

Random Person wrote:
Hi all,

Because of the High number of posts talking about multiple ubiconnects, I thought it deserved its own topic.
Ever since the first time I used this laser tag system, I have been trying to figure out how to increase the range of the ubiconnects. The way that I am trying to get working, is more than one ubiconnect. Ubisoft had said it was possible to use more than one ubiconnect. When I plug in the second ubiconnect it lights up like the normal, but the battle tag program makes no noticeable changes. This led me to search through the software to figure out what changes would have to be made to make two ubiconnects work. The first thing that I stumbled upon was a readme.txt file, that had a section in it that read:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.2. Adding new devices

If you want to add new T-Blasters or other UbiConnect devices,
go to the Options menu and select “Add new Devices”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From this it appears that it should be possible to add another ubiconnect, except for the fact that there is no “Add new Devices” option. :(
So I decided to dive in to the usb pairing protocols to see if there was anything I could figure out from it. Here is what I found:
//data/script/lua/classes/engine/libraries
Directory with the files that handles new usb devices.
//data/script/lua/classes/UTGame.Ui.Settings.AddNewDevice.Pairing
Pairing an ubiconnect ID with a gun ID, and adding it to a whitelist. All of the guns are automatically assigned to ubiconnect number one.
I don't think that there is much more that I can figure out. I am not very fluent with lua, so I am hoping someone else with more experience could take a look at this.

-Thanks!

While he may be busy, I would suggesting PMing tkdrob— he appears to understand more about how the lua works than most— perhaps he could shed some light on this issue.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:52 pm 

So I have been delving into the Texas Instruments website - the CC1111/CC1110 chipsets are used for SubGigahertz RF transmission and are programmed using a system called SimpliCiti.
I think that freqency used is 915MHz, based on the antenna design.
The Ti diagrams for using the CC1111/CC1110 talk about using range extenders or signal repeaters.
Any one have any knowledge or use of these (its like a walkie talkie radio signal repeater) - maybe someone knows a Ti Engineer who can help us?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm 

This is definitely something I am interested in looking into again in a week or two when I have some time. Do you think you could share the links to the info you have found so far?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 am 

I just googled Ti CC1111 Repeater or Ti Simpliciti - there are whole lot of links

Here are some
http://www.ti.com/lit/ml/swru130b/swru130b.pdf - see diagram page 6 with the range extenders

In this link http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... Link_Token they go into programming and ask this intriguing question

Is it possible to combine Range Extender and End Device on one device?
According to SimpliciTI Developers Note, it is possible to combine the functionality of End Device and Range Extender by defining both END_DEVICE and RANGE_EXTENDER device types during compilation.
There is a bug related to this feature, and please refer here for the workaround: SimpliciTI#Compiling_with_active_END_DEVICE_and_RANGE_EXTENDER_configuration.

So it may be that the ubiconnect can function as a range extender in itself.
but I think that the simpler way would be to get an rf expert to replicate the 915 Mhz signal with a (hopefully) off the shelf range extender

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:13 pm 

Reading up on the ti chip it seems that the range extender does not need any specific programming other than to identify the device as a range extender
I am now looking for a ti simpliciti programmer to figure this out. Its probably really simple, maybe programmed onto the ubi and just lying Dormant for all these years! Any ideas anyone?

Report this post