Battle Tag User Forums

UnOfficial Battle Tag by Ubisoft Laser Tag User's Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to battletag

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Recoil... New alternative to Battletag?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm 

Looks like a new system is coming out in just over a month... called Recoil. It has a dedicated wireless router, and the guns use phones for AR, GPS, Voice chat, and Game mode details. Has some really nice features, including IR receivers that are simply clips... allowing you to put them on hats, headbands, whatever. Appear to use a standard heaphone jack, so might be able to use several sensors as you need to. Supports up to 16 players at launch. Has a couple of different guns as well as grenades. Objectives, ammo, health, etc are AR cards, so similar functionality to battaletags bases, but easier to use and guessing printable. If this takes off, it might be the new battletag system that we all wished would have happened.

Oh... and the guns have integrated weaver mounts!!!

Check it!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RECOIL-Start ... e/55886157

Starter kit is $130. Includes 2 pistols, wireless router, 2 IR receivers, 8 AR tags, and the grenade if you preorder.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Recoil... New alternative to Battletag?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:36 pm 

Just read an article about Recoil on IGN and instantly thought Battle Tag. Hopefully Recoil actually takes off.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:42 am 

I ordered a starter kit... will see. Also appears that the guns have 3 IR receivers on them. One on front, and on each side. That long with the clip... and it could be great. Still hope to see the option to add a second clip... one for front of head, one for back. That way you can get headshots (when someone is peeking), and shot in the back. But even with just the one clip for the back, the sensors on the gun might be enough, since you're a target if you're shooting at someone.

There's still a lot of missing information there, but over all, it looks like it has the potential to do everything Battletag does... and much much more.

and the positional audio for the headphones is neat... so you can hear the "battle" in all of it's glory. Grenade explosions. Air strikes. Gunfire. omg... I can't wait for this!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:59 am 

I'll be curious to hear how they actually end up compared to Battle Tag. Reviews from those who have never played Battle Tag will be good too, but since I still have 8 Battle Tag guns up and running, I'm holding off on the insta-purchase until I see if this is good enough to make me want to leave my Battle Tag stuff on the shelf.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:42 am 

cnet has some good close up pics of the new hardware. Think it reveals some interesting details.

https://www.cnet.com/products/skyrocket-recoil/preview/

Report this post