Battle Tag User Forums

UnOfficial Battle Tag by Ubisoft Laser Tag User's Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to battletag

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Martian Wolf fails with large groups.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 am 

Tried my first group of 11+ with martian wolf recently. It seems the game has a few bugs:

Will occasionally randomly start with 2 wolfs...
Will occasionally randomly make someone a wolf even when there not shot...
One player seems to get a stupid high score, others may get 80-120 etc, one player gets 2000+ etc.

Anyhow it would appear that not all games are 8+ or 10+ comparable. I suspect the game is coded for a maximum of 8 players, maybe 10 (as I've never had the problem with 10), 11+ players and it all just goes pear shapped, or at least with 14 :)

-B

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Martian Wolf fails with large groups.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 am 
Site Admin

In my opinion the Martian Wolf game is not really meant for large groups. I wouuld say no more than 4-5 players at most. It is too easy to just run around avoiding the wolf with a lot of players.

The bug with two people being wolves I would see as a good thing if it calculated everything right. If we had an option to make more than one person a wolf at a time the game woulud be a blast with 8+ players!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 am 

We do martian wolf with 12-18 people (you need to do the fix to change the numbers). its great we generally just have one martian wolf.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

When I played with larger groups and just one martian wolf it was too easy for players to just avoid the matian wolf the entire game, espeically when younger players were involved. We played several games in a row where the same players were never once the martian wolf.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm 

The new 1.2.453 works great for multiple wolfs, but It's got a major bug, in that no scores are shown both in game and post game. You need to remove the Ubiconnect to get it to dump you to the main screen. Hoping this can be fixed....

I will do some more testing to isolate whats going on if I can...

-B

Report this post